Betty Lou Kormann New Brighton—BETTY LOU KORMANN, age 88 of New Brighton went home to be with her Savior, Jesus Christ on Thursday, September 5, 2019. Born on November 14, 1930 in Waseca County, Minnesota, Betty was the youngest of four children born to Walter and Alpha (Roesler) Foels. She grew up on the family farm in rural New Richland. Betty attended Waseca County School District #85 and graduated from Waseca High School in 1948. Following her graduation, she ventured to Washington DC where she worked for the Naval Department. Betty married Luverne Kormann on December 22, 1951 and he preceded her in death in 1985. Together they raised six children surrounded by the Vista Community, which Betty loved and served. She worked tirelessly both in and outside of her home caring for her family, while also befriending, nurturing, and offering hospitality to many others. Betty faithfully followed Jesus all her life, loved His Word, prayed diligently, and quietly shared her faith with many. Grateful for having shared her life are her six children, Laurie (Bruce) Peterson of Eagan, Steve (Ann) Kormann of Exeland, WI, JoAnn (Loren) Johnson of Tacoma, WA, Shirley (Bruce) Lester of Shoreview, Mark (Deb) Kormann of Winona, and Gail (Jon) Haferman of Prior Lake; 23 grandchildren; and nine great grandchildren. She is also survived by two sisters-in-law, Arlene Foels and Lois Foels of Waseca and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two brothers, Kenneth and Gordon; and one sister, Valera Born. Visitation will be held on Sunday, September 8, 2019 from 3-6 PM at Vista Covenant Church in Waseca County and continue on Monday, one hour before services at church. Funeral services will be held on Monday, September 9, 2019 at 11:00 AM at Vista Covenant Church in Waseca County. Burial will follow at Vista Covenant Cemetery. dennisfuneralhomes.com
- Waseca man facing drug, weapons charges following standoff with police
- Cash Wise leaving Waseca less than two years after opening
- Wrestling: Waseca sends 4 to state meet
- Waseca County welcomes Michael Johnson as new county administrator
- Wrestling: Waseca wrestlers aim for longer tournament runs
- Boys basketball: Waseca wills its way to Big South Conference title
- 16-year-old girl killed in a crash involving a Waseca man
- The most in demand jobs in Minnesota don’t pay enough to live here
- Boys basketball: Waseca's Morgan and Dufault combine for 70 points in win over North
- Girls basketball: Waseca runs past JWP in Section 2AA opener
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.