...The National Weather Service in the Twin Cities has issued a
Flood Warning for the following rivers in Minnesota...
Cannon River AT Northfield affecting Rice and Dakota Counties.
.Heavy rain and snow over the last 48 hours has resulted in rapid
rises in rivers across southeast Minnesota. Snow melt over the next
few days will also contribute to additional rises.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
...FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING UNTIL FURTHER
* WHAT...Minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE...Cannon River AT Northfield.
* WHEN...From Sunday morning until further notice.
* IMPACTS...At 897.5 feet, Flood waters reach Carleton College
soccer fields. Babcock Park north of downtown begins to flood.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 930 AM CDT Saturday, the stage was 895.6 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage
tomorrow morning and continue rising to a crest of 898.1 feet
- Flood stage is 897.0 feet.
- Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of
898.1 feet on 10/06/2019.