St. Peter High School and Middle School hosts its annual Veterans Day program 9:45 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 11 in the school gym.
The school hosts a special veterans recognition reception, which is open to all veterans, starting at 9:15 a.m. Those wishing to attend should meet in the gym lobby area at that time. St. Peter Schools Superintendent Paul Peterson and St. Peter High School and Middle School Principal Paul Preimesberger will be on hand to greet the veterans at the reception and coffee and donuts will served to those veterans in attendance.
This year’s Veterans Day program will feature St. Peter resident and former School Board member Bob Lambert as the guest speaker. Lambert served two years in the U.S. Army, from 1966-68, including one year during the Vietnam War. A 1963 graduate of St. Peter High School, Lambert served as a helicopter pilot while in Vietnam and accumulated 1,200 flight hours during his combat time.
He is currently chair of the St. Peter Veterans Memorial Committee.
The Veterans Day program is put on each year by the St. Peter High School and Middle School Social Studies Department.
This year’s Veterans Day program order of events:
• Presentation of colors — William R. Witty American Legion Post 37
• National anthem — St. Peter High School Music Department
• Welcome and introduction of speaker — Paul Preimesberger, St. Peter High School/Middle School Principal
• Guest speaker — Bob Lambert
• Musical selection — St. Peter High School Music Department
• Veteran recognition — Paul Preimesberger
• Retiring of colors — William R. Witty American Legion Post 37