LaVerne A "Vernie" Hrdlichka 1938–2020 Le Center—LaVerne A. "Vernie" Hrdlichka, age 81, of Le Center, died on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at his home. Visitation will be held on Monday, February 3 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Le Center. Memorial Mass of Christian Burial will follow at 10:00 a.m. with Father James Stiles, officiating. Spring interment will take place at Calvary Cemetery in Le Center. LaVerne was born on August 14, 1938 to Lloyd and Mary (Smisek) Hrdlichka at home in Le Sueur County near Lexington. He attended St. Mary's Parochial School in Le Center and attended from McKinley High School in Le Center. He served in the U.S. Navy for four years. Vernie was united in marriage to Carol Tuma on September 10, 1960 in Lonsdale. He worked for Spors, Wright Body Shop, self-employed home builder. Vernie was a member of the VFW in Le Center. He enjoyed being with his grandchildren, carpentry work, card playing, and cheering on the Minnesota Twins and Vikings. Vernie is survived by his wife, Carol Hrdlichka of Le Center; children, Susie (Glenn) Brehmer of Rice, Carrie Hrdlichka of Le Center, and Lloyd Hrdlichka of Le Center; grandchildren, John Holicky (Susan), Patrick Holicky, Michael Brehmer, and Austin Brehmer (June); siblings, Donna Parent of Mora, Shirley (Rich) Bornholdt of Cleveland, and Kathy Grasser of Le Center; brother-in-law, Pat O'Meara of Le Center. Vernie is preceded in death by his parents; sister, Jeanne O'Meara; brother, Tom O'Connell; brothers-in-law, Bill Parent and Don Grasser. Arrangements are with the Le Center Funeral Home in Le Center. 507-357-6116. On-line condolences may be left at www.lecenterfuneralhome.com.
- Member of local Davis family sees Lake Minnetonka mansion go up in flames
- Seeking answers on referendum costs, LS-H School Board turns to private consultants
- Le Center fundraising gala will support Le Sueur County Fair
- Big winnings, small pickings at German Jefferson Ice Fishing Contest
- Le Sueur Ducks Unlimited hosts 5th annual gun bash to raise money for conservation
- Le Center garbage and recycling to remain city-run after council vote
- Park Elementary to close Friday, Feb. 14
- Pam Williams named as new Regional Vice President of Ridgeview
- A look inside new Le Center business Carriage House Senior Living
- Six TCU athletes sign with universities on same day
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.