Catherine A. Pfarr 1935–2019 Le Sueur—Catherine A. Pfarr, 84 of Le Sueur entered eternal life on Saturday, November 30, 2019, at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota. On February 20, 1935, Catherine was born the daughter of Nick and Alma (Pufpaff) Prom. She grew up on a farm in rural St Peter and graduated from St Peter High School in 1953. On August 27 1955, Cathy married John Pfarr, Sr. at St Peter Catholic Church. She was a primarily a homemaker and mother, but did work various part time jobs at Green Giant and Nelsons Bakery, both in Le Sueur. Some of Cathy's favorite hobbies were quilting & sewing. She made her family many beautiful quilts over the years as this was an amazing talent. She was a member of the quilting club in Le Sueur. Cathy was also an amazing cook and baker! She taught her grandchildren her unique skills. She loved to entertain and have family dinners that were like Thanksgiving feasts. Nobody ever went away hungry! She also enjoyed refinishing furniture, loved to read, painted beautiful oil paintings and looked forward to her bible study group. Catherine also grew the most beautiful roses!! She thoroughly enjoyed her garden. Upon the sound of old time and country music, Catherine immediately got a sparkle in her eye!! Dancing always put a smile on her face! After losing her husband John in 2009, Cathy enjoyed the companionship and love of her dog, Scottie. They went on daily walks and enjoyed the outdoors together. Catherine is survived by daughter, Janet Holland (Jerry) from Rocklin, California, sons: Jeff (Carol), John, Jr. (Nancy) and daughter-in-law Penny Pfarr, all of Le Sueur, 8 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her husband; John, Pfarr, Sr, parents; Nick and Alma Prom, siblings, Edward Prom, Eugene Prom, Deloris Johnson, Darlene Dorn, son; Terry Pfarr, and grandson; Nicholas Pfarr A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Tuesday, December, 10, 2019 at 11:00am at St. Anne's Catholic Church in Le Sueur with a visitation 1 1/2 hours prior to the Mass at the church with a luncheon to follow Mass. Catherine will be laid to rest with a private family burial at Calvary Cemetery in St Peter. Arrangements were with the Wagner Funeral Home of Jordan.
- TCU School District student killed in single-vehicle crash
- Member of local Davis family sees Lake Minnetonka mansion go up in flames
- Henderson community uses roll-in to help struggling business owner
- Le Sueur Ducks Unlimited hosts 5th annual gun bash to raise money for conservation
- Le Center garbage and recycling to remain city-run after council vote
- Le Sueur County Fair Gala a smashing success
- Angels Amongst Us invites public to kickoff event
- Le Center teacher uses technology, freedom of choice to enhance art interest
- Le Center fundraising gala will support Le Sueur County Fair
- ON A ROLL: Le Sueur native bowls 300 game
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.