The following is a compilation of what you need to know for Election Day, Nov. 8.
Where to vote
In most cases, you must vote in the precinct in which you live. You can find your voting location on the state’s Polling Place Finder. Voters can also view the list of candidates for their precinct using the polling place finder. To see a map of the city which indicates where to vote, see this story on Faribault.com.
List of polling places in Faribault:
• Precinct 1: Rice County Fairgrounds 4-H Building, 1900 Fairgrounds Dr.
• Precinct 2: Washington Center, 117 Shumway Ave.
• Precinct 3: Buckham Community Center, 15 Division St. W.
• Precinct 4: Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 1207 Prairie Ave.
Who you can vote for
There are multiple options in multiple different races, whether local, state or federal. There are a few ways to look at your options ahead of time and do some research.
• View your sample ballot online, research candidates/questions and know your choices before getting to the polling place. You can see a sample ballot by using the Minnesota Secretary of State’s sample ballot finder at myballotmn.sos.state.mn.us.
• Depending on where you live in Rice County and even within the Faribault area, your ballot may look slightly different. Here is a list of some of the races you might see on your ballot, depending on your city, ward and precinct:
U.S. President and Vice President: Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine, Donald Trump and Mike Pence, Gary Johnson and William Weld, Jill Stein and Howie Hawkins, Darrel Castle and Scott Bradley, Dan Vacek and Mark Elworth Jr., Allyson Kennedy and Howie Hawkine, Roque De La Fuente and Michael Steinberg, Evan McMullin and Nathan Johnson.
U.S. Representative District 1: R-Jim Hagedorn, incumbent D-Tim Walz.
State Senate District 24: R- John Jasinski, incumbent D-Vicki Jensen.
State House District 24B: incumbent R- Brian Daniels, D-Patti Fritz.
Rice County Commissioner District 1: Tom Hallet and Jake Gillen.
Rice County Commissioner District 2: Galen Malecha.
Rice County Commissioner District 5: Kim Halvorson and Jeff Docken.
Faribault Mayor: Janna Viscomi, Kevin F. Voracek.
Faribault City Council: George Wickstrom Jr., Elizabeth Cap, John Rowan, Royal Ross, Adam Gibbons, Steve Underdahl, Thomas J. Spooner.
Faribault School Board: Yvette Marthalar, John D. Currie, Bradley Olson, Jason Engbrecht.
Dundas City Council: John Cruz, Fred Weed, Mitch Fredrickson and Chad Pribyl.
Morristown Mayor: Rick Vollbrecht, Kurt Wolf.
Morristown City Council: Lisa Karsten, Kathleen Wolf.
WEM School Board: Rachel Androli, Travis Bowman, Daniel R. Held, Jeffrey M. Stangler, Jay M. Schneider.
When to vote
Polling hours at all of the locations are from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 8.
Voters who are not registered the day of the election need to bring a driver’s license or some other form of photo identification.
Voters are asked to refrain from visiting with election judges and to be patient. Everyone in line through 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
What to read
Go to the following link for candidate forum videos, questions and answers and election-related stories from the Faribault Daily News: http://www.southernminn.com/faribault_daily_news/collection_b900694c-bb16-5522-aa7f-3433a47ffb5c.html.
Follow the Faribault Daily News and its reporters on Twitter for live updates on Election Day. These Twitter accounts can be seen on the Faribault Daily News home page, Faribault.com, on the right side, just below the navigation bar.