Waseca Lakeside Club in 1972
Waseca Lakeside Club in 1972 (Submitted photo)
Waseca Lakeside Club today
Hole 4 Friday at Waseca Lakeside Club. (Miles Trump/County News)
Waseca Lakeside Club
Hole 4 at Waseca Lakeside Club. (County News file photo)
- A brief history of Waseca Lakeside Club
1922 – Waseca Lakeside was established by several local residents as a nine-hole private club.
1968 – The club expanded and added its current clubhouse
1971 – Nine more holes were added, making Waseca Lakeside Club an 18-hole course.
1988 – An irrigation system was installed in the course
2001 – A new 65-foot heated swimming pool was added
- Quick facts about Waseca Lakeside Club
• Waseca Lakeside is a semi-private club. It has members, but also is open to the public before May 1 and after Oct. 1.
• The club started in 1922 with 14 memberships. There are now more than 300 members, some from as far away as the Twin Cities.
• An 11-person board of directors is responsible for the operations and financial security of Waseca Lakeside Club. Board members serve five-year terms.
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2012 6:59 pm
Updated: 9:28 pm, Fri Jul 5, 2013.
Posted on Aug 10, 2012
Friday, August 10, 2012 6:59 pm.
Updated: 9:28 pm.