OWATONNA — The Owatonna Hospital Auxiliary recently awarded scholarships, totaling $14,400 to 13 area students who are attending or will attend an accredited educational institution in pursuit of a nursing or health care related career.
The Donald Sanford Nursing Scholarship is for those individuals who are pursuing a career in nursing and are entering their first year or more of school. The Owatonna Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship is for those individuals in their second year or more studying a health-related career.
Recipients of the 2019 scholarships are:
• Caitlin Anderson attending Winona State University majoring in Nursing.
• Michelle Benson attending Augustana University majoring in Biology (Pre-Genetic Counseling).
• Elena Bueltel attending the University of Minnesota majoring in Nursing.
• Timon Higgins attending the University of Iowa majoring in Doctor of Medicine.
• Brandon Le Blanc attending Western Governor’s University majoring in Nursing (Associates in Nursing to BSN).
• Courtney Lynch attending Saint Ambrose University majoring in Masters of Physician Assistant.
• Carter McCauley attending the University of Minnesota Medical School-Duluth majoring in Doctorate of Medicine.
• Logan Ringhofer attending the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh majoring in Nursing.
• Margaret Schlicker attending Valparaiso University majoring in Pre-Physician Assistant.
• Britt Schultz attending Augsburg University majoring in Nurse Practitioner.
• Ahnna Stelter attending the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse majoring in Biology (Pre-Physician Assistant).
• Emily Wanous attending Augustana University majoring in Biochemistry (Pre-Med).
• Lori Wencl attending Capella University majoring in Masters of Science in Nursing Leadership and Administration.
Proceeds from Owatonna Hospital Auxiliary’s Festival of Tables go towards the funding of these scholarships.
To be eligible for a scholarship, students must have declared a health-related major and be a Steele County resident.