In 2013, North Rice County Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans has donated $13,409 in grants.
The recipients are as follows:
• Northfield Retirement Center — $1,000 for the Seventh Annual Golf Classic to provide assistance with the Pathway of Faith Park.
• Mothers for Preschoolers (MOPS) — $500 grant to fund the Antiquities Photo fundraiser that will help purchase needed supplies.
• Hope Center — $1,000 grant to fund a wine and cheese party to pay for organizational expenses. The funds are dedicated to preventing sexual and domestic abuse.
• CAC Church Softball Tournament — $2,000 grant.
• Trondjhem Prservation Society — $350 grant to fund the annual Ice Cream Social for the maintenance and preserving of the church.
• Bruce Jensen Benefit Show — $1,500 grant to fund the Jensen fundraiser to help with personal expenses.
• Operation Backpack — $1,500 grant to purchase backpacks and school supplies for students in need.
• Three Links Care Center — $1,000 grant for the Holiday Harvest Bazaar that will help purchase an exercise bike.
• Faith Gardens — $1,500 grant for a Community Gardening activity co-hosted by with CAC.
• P.E.O. Chapter FR — $1,600 grant to help fund Breakfast with Santa that will distribute monies to different church preschools to help families.
• Money Matters in Rice County — $1,300 grant to fund Four Cornerstone of Financial Literacy to help fund a training program.
Grant funds are made available through Thrivent Care Abounds in Communities program.
To submit a proposal, contact Community Service Team Director Linda Barck at (507) 645-0417 or Communications Director David Hagen at (507) 645-2504.