Duane 'Dewey' Skluzacek 1959–2019 Lester Prairie—Duane "Dewey" Skluzacek, 59, of Lester Prairie, raised in Chanhassen with summers spent in Lonsdale, died on June 24th, 2019, in Minneapolis. Dewey was born on August 4th, 1959, in Minneapolis, to Alois and Adeline (Moravec) Skluzacek. He is survived by wife, Linda Kerber; daughter Catie (Ben) Weide and mother Julie Rekow; sisters Denise (Bruce) Ormberg; Doreen (John and niece, Maggie) Seekon; Darcene (Keith and niece, Alisha (Ben) Lindberg, and nephews Tyler (Gloria) and Jake) Colling. Dewey was known for his tremendous work ethic and generous heart. He graduated from Chaska High School in 1977 and continued his education at the Minneapolis Community College Police Training and Hennepin County Vo-Tech to learn carpentry. Dewey spent 40 years working at the Chanhassen Dinner Theatres, starting with snow plowing and parking cars, moving on to building maintenance, until he became part of the investment ownership group. Additionally, Dewey operated his own construction company specializing in remodeling, tile work, and wood working. In retirement, Dewey moved out to a hobby farm in Lester Prairie, MN, where he raised chickens, collected antique farm implements, and made smoked meat and baked goods, which he loved to share with anyone who stopped by. A celebration of Duane's life will take place later this summer. Details to follow, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Arrangements By Bertas Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Chaska www.bertasfh.com 952-448-2137
- Kodadas named 2019 Lonsdale Community Days grand marshals
- TCU Hockey Association shows support for Trcka Park ice rink
- Ag2School tax credit increases benefit TCU ag land owners
- Tale as old as time: Generations Theatre Co. presents 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Equal treatment top concern for new District Court judge
- 4-H develops confidence, leadership skills in Rice County youth
- 85th annual Kolacky Days includes fireworks display, concertina exhibit
- For convenience, Lonsdale Clinic schedules specific day for sports physicals
- The Rice County Fair is back — and with it some new additions
- TCU trap shooting team places top-50 at nationals
Around the Web
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.